About Kid Crafts 101

Kid Crafts 101 is a brand new blog that has hit the scene. We hope to become your craft for kids go to blog. We are constantly on the search for fun, easy, cheap, and even free crafts that you can do with your kids making this your one stop shop. So, check back and check back often, as we will be adding new projects daily!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

30 Days of Mom: Hand-Print Apron

Welcome to my new series: "30 Days of Mom" Be sure to check out all 30 mom-friendly craft ideas.

Today's project is one of my favorites. I love using my kids' hand-prints to create projects. That way every time you look at that particular item you are flooded with memories of times gone by. I borrowed this picture from 2ndhomeexchange.com. They didn't have a tutorial on this project but it looked pretty straight forward.

You would need to get a plain apron. I have seen these at Hobby Lobby before. You then need to get some fabric paint. Be sure the follow the manufacturers instructions on the paint. To complete the writing - those colored permanent markers work great. I love how the name of each child is in the middle of each "flower" and I also like how the year was added to make this keepsake extra special. I would do this project in a heartbeat for my mom, mother-in-law, and both my grandma and my husband's grandma for Mother's Day. I hope it inspires you as it has inspired me.

Kids Crafts 7

Picture courtesy of :http://www.2ndhomeexchange.com/free-craft-ideas/

No comments:

Post a Comment